During the programme meeting in Storuman August 26-28, The MASD research team made significant progress on forwarding discussion across the programme, as well as on the AACA report, ethics, interview methodology, and the sustainability concept – and also got a very good understanding of the local case study area both in the public and invited stakeholder meetings!
Themes suggested by stakeholders at the public and invited stakeholder meetings:
- Tax systems and local income and return from major developments, e.g. water power, wind
- Long term consequences and valuation of resources: risks of exploitation, ecosystem services
- Local coping and adaptation with regard to global developments such as world market prices: what are the limits of robustness and how does one identify this?
- Changing climate and global resource demand
- Coordination and cooperation between sectors, e.g. ecotourism cooperation with forestry
- EU regulation, for instance requirements on sustainable design and environmental protection legislation
- Ownership (äganderätt)
- Mining legislation: why does it not include areas close to main cities
- Experienced local impacts (e.g. of the Malmfälten developments)
- The space available for municipal decision-making, in general and in relation to specific legislation